This Rosemary & Garlic roast Chicken on Veggies is the best quick, easy and full of flavour recipe for receiving guests. It is all done in an oven tray and does not take a lot of time to cook. The marinade is easily made from ingredients that you already have in the pantry.
The Rosemary and Garlic toast chicken is sure to please all your guests, from children to adults. The chicken is packed with flavour from the rosemary and garlic, two of the most flavourful ingredients you could be using. And who doesnt love garlic?
By adding baby potatoes and cherry tomatoes around the chicken while it cooks, the vegetables end up absorbing all that delcious juice. The baby potatoes and cherry tomatoes will be filled with flavour and so tender, getting your main and accompaniement dish done all in one!
This Rosemary & Garlic roast chicken on Veggies, can be served as a sharing dish placed in the middle of the table. Or you can also place the chicken thighs individually or in pairs in the middle of your plate. You can then use the baby potatoes and cherry tomatoes to decorate and add some contrast to your individual dish.
Over night marinade
Of course, marinating your chicken over night will definitely make you chicken flavourful and more tender too. We’d definitely recommend you prepare that one day before you put it in the oven! This will also prevent that you have to do too many things on the day itself.
Otherwise, try to marinate the chicken for at least 2-5hrs before putting it in the oven.
Click here to check out our Festive menu and table setting for even more inspiration!
Rosemary & Garlic roast Chicken on VeggiesCourse: main course, dinnerDifficulty: Easy
8 chicken thighs
8 cloves garlic minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
500 g baby potatoes cut in half or thirds depending on size
15-20 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 210C & line tray with aluminum foil
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs
- Rub salt evenly on the chicken thighs then rub the minced garlic, paprika and 2 tablespoons of rosemary with a drizzle of olive oil
- Make sure the chicken is evenly covered and marinated (if possible, do this the day before for even more flavor and juiciness)
- In a bowl mix potatoes, 1 tablespoon of rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper
- In your baking tray place the chicken thighs skin side down leaving some space around
- In the space available put in your potatoes
- Bake for 15 mins
- Take out the tray and flip the potatoes as well as the chicken thighs so the skin is now on the top side
- Lower the heat to 190C and cook for another 10 mins
- Then add in your cherry tomatoes whole or cut in half and let cook for another 10 mins
- It’ll be ready once the chicken skin is crispy and cooked through, the cherry tomatoes & potatoes have browned on the edges
Recipe inspired by The Mediterranian Dish