You are in for a treat with these oven-baked kale chips! So easy to make, healthy, and super addictive – they are the best little crunchy snacks.
Kale is particular known for its bitter taste, especially when eaten raw or in salads. However, when turned into chips, sprinkled with sea salt, it is the most delicious and addictive snack ever! The perfect way to get your kids into eating vegetables too!
Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around! It is the king of all the super healthy greens! Packed full of vitamin A, K, C and rich in anti-oxidants, it is also low in calories thus, making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet!
There are different kinds of kale with Curly and Tuscan Kale being the most popular and widely used. Those types are the best and most suitable for baking. However, we wanted to try out Siberian kale in this particular recipe. Known for its tender leaves and not commonly used for roasting, the chips were thin, delicate and feather-like in the mouth.
A recipe cannot get any easier than these oven-baked kale chips! All you need is 3 ingredients! Kale, salt and olive oil! So let’s dive right into it! You can of course jazz it up with a pinch of paprika or garlic powder.
It is also an honour to partner with Beau Plan Aquaponics (BPA) for this recipe. They are a small and local agricultural company that are on a mission to educate and grow vegetables that have zero synthetic pesticide, zero molluscicde and zero herbicide. Go give them a shoutout for the amazing work they are doing!
Oven-baked Kale ChipsCourse: Snacks, Something LightDifficulty: Easy
1 medium bunch kale (approx 15 large leaves)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 150C/300F
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Wash and dry kale. Make sure they are fully dry
- Remove stem from kale and cut kale into chunks (slightly bigger than chip size pieces)
- Place kale into a big bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Toss kale ensuring each leaf is evenly coated
- Lay kale in a single layer on baking tray.
- Bake kale for 8-10mins. Check it at 8mins and bake more if needed. Make sure not to burn them.
- Once baked, remove tray and allow them to cool down. And Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Honest & Truly